A day of distinction

More nightmares. Note to self: do not re-read Ecce Homo by Nietzsche before dropping to sleep slightly feverish. This rather contradicting his assertion in Why I write such good books that "It seems to me that to take a book of mine into his hands is one of the rarest distinctions anyone can confer upon himself", yeah Friedrich, if you like mad nightmares.

But a new day. And my brain was miraculously re-engaged, and I entered into what self-hypnosis tapes refer to as a flow state. Yesterday having been such a bad day I needed to reboot. Wrote myself a list first thing of the things I was going to achieve and how I was going to achieve them. It seemed to work as I produced 16 concepts for French tourism, wrote a home page for a website, and had a long chat with new discussion with Natalie about her new agency.

In the evening I saw Anton and we popped into the Batty. Anton rather impressed when I ordered myself a half, which of course he claims credit for as someone with a more sophisticated continental approach to drinking. Nice chat with him though, and some more walks in the offing.

Comments

a said…
I seem to recall that Nietzsche's sister set off to South America with some carefully selected human specimens to create a master race. Too few specimens meant too much interbreeding and they all ended up bonkers. Whether this is true or not, I don't know…