Zombie

Hearing the roaring of drunken people, possibly homeless, throughout the night. Lying sleepless on your pillow, listening to the sound drift up from the station at 3.00am it's easy to feel that you are in a scene from Sean of the Dead and the roaring is coming from the undead lurching about in the night.

Up blearily and lurched right into my study to begin work on the hypochondria-inducing atrial fibrillation and stroke. Till in the afternoon, I had finished at last. A feeling of huge relief and followed quickly by huge flop on the sofa as I gave into coldy exhausted feelings.

In the evening crept around to Lorraine's house and we popped out to our local curry house for a modest curry. Lorraine adored by the waiters there, who see me as mere arm candy. Then a merciful early night, brain dead but happy, with the embers of optimism given a raking, as there is nothing hideous lined up for next week and I can pick up the pieces of my own work, and do some last minute marketing of Wrong, which of course involves my Zombie piece A Bite to Eat.

During the week Beth was been given an unconditional place at South Bank University to study Drama and Performance, which is great news and means she can face her other auditions with a devil may care optimism. Also got a nice note from Carl this week too. He is healthy and cheery which is good news.

Below Romy sent me this picture of Mum receiving a birthday cake in Costa Rica. It is a lovely photo.

Comments