Annoying bastards

Off this morning to London. On the train with Bob for most of the journey as I headed off to Tavistock Square again as the amends needed to the website were too difficult to explain over the telephone. But nice to see folks at the agency. Worked all day interrupted only by a short walk with First Matie to grab some sushi (or M&S's version of shushi) to eat at the desk.

Some young attention-seeking soft looking guy was playing music intrusively on the packed train home from his laptop. People took it fairly good humouredly and I put in my hearphones and was listening to an audiobook and successfully blocked him out. However the man opposite me, a testosterone fuelled tetchy type in his thirties snatched his laptop off him and made as if to throw it out of the window, but instead ended up sitting on it as the pair exchanged threats and grappled very close to me. Absurdity with an undercurrent of violence. Still surprised I did not intervene which is my usual wont, perhaps it was because I was unable to decide who I disliked more. Eventually the laptop was returned among various threats.

Thank God to be home. Then more annoying bastards. Warmed up some bean jar, then noticed four black youths employing my front garden as a toilet. Sourced my extra large global knife but then dithered, eventually deciding against seeing them off as the odds were not in my favour. Disliked myself for this, but they simply went away and no harm was done.

Feeling stressed generally. Must be the full moon a'comin'. Wrote to Betsy who is in the US and Carl who is not. Chatting with Lorraine. Then an early night.

Comments

Kate said…
Bizarrely, there was a very similar incident on my train this morning. Young man playing music loudly was asked to stop by fellow commuters before the train even set off. He flipped out, ended up abusing staff who came to help and was then told to get off the train. He refused to get off (which meant the train then couldn't leave the station until the police arrived, making everyone late). He eventually walked through carriages in a pathetic attempt to avoid police, followed by a mad dash down the platform to try and get to the exit before them. He failed. The full moon's a-coming all right... Nice to see you yesterday. x
Peter Kenny said…
You too Katie.

He sounded like an annoying bastard too.