A touch of toe curling

London again, this time to Tavistock Square to take a brief on a big copy job. Took the scenic route there, mooching up from Embankment station through central London near Covent Garden, past the British Museum and the Bloomsbury Square. Though cold, I love seeing London scurrying about at the start of another day. And now I don't live in there, I greatly enjoy my visits to central London. The same can't be said of my excursions to Hammersmith, which I have seen enough of to last me through several reincarnations.

Said howdy to various chums, including Pat and First Matie. Briefed on the big website job by Ann, a lovely French Sri Lankan girl. I last saw Ann in November, and she had just got married. I bounced in asking how married life was treating her. There was an almost audible curling of toes under nearby desks, as it transpires she is divorcing and moving to Paris.

In the evening sloped tiredly to Lorraine's house, fantasising about a curry and a pint of lager in the nearby restaurant. Instead Lorraine got me through it with a spicy mushroom and chickpea dish of her own invention with a little rice. Sipped tea and sparkling water, and was soon pleased I had not given in. Lorraine somewhat cheery as she has got through the next stage in her Leadership course, which is excellent.

Comments