Scatology

It says something about the execrable nature of my day that light relief was supplied by today's drain man, who arrived with a snakey poo camera and monitor. Apparently, he explained, some of the newer set-ups allow people to record the camera's drain adventures on DVDs. I imagined watching it like a poo movie from the gold sofa later, 'while listening to chamber music' as the drain man said. I almost fell into the drain after we'd removed the manhole cover at which the drain man chortled heartily. Shortly after he almost fell in too. Oh how we laughed, until it was time for him to attend to another poo errand, and me to attend to my poo work.

My work today (about various types of arthritis) was so vile I felt after five or six hours like sobbing with frustration. I am doing a job I should never have agreed to, but my sense of responsibility prevents me from simply pulling the ripcord. Eventually I could do no more, and went instead to the gym which after 5pm smells sweaty. I normally go when it is half empty.

Later I popped around to eat a very nice chicken & noodle dish of Betty's devising, and talk to Lorraine. Home again as the vile work must start again as soon as I wake. My next day off may be as much as twelve days away. Bah.

Uploaded details about Wrong the play on my daywork site. If you find yourself at a loose end, why not simply come along?

Below the poo camera monitor, featuring a shot of a mysterious narrowing of my drains.

Comments