A railway set

Up early to cook a Guernsey bean jar to freeze portions to eat here and there. I have decided this is quite a diet food if you don't eat it with a loaf of brown bread. Spoke to Mum this morning and thankfully Mason was in better shape today.

To Anna and Anton for Sunday Lunch. When Lorraine and I arrived Anton was in the study with painful fingers. He and Anna have bought a beautiful Hornby railway set for Oskar, and was nailing down onto a large wooden base the size of a double bed. To secure the track, and other railway furniture, he had to hammer in tiny panel pins through microscopic holes in the tracks. In practise, however, it was considerably easier to hammer your own fingers than the pins. Anton offered me a go, and I obligingly hammered my own fingers for a bit. Oskar already quite knowledgeable about what to do with the trains, about switching the points and reversing and so on.

Thankfully lunch was soon ready, and I ate moderately of veggies and a lightly of roast chicken and sipped sparkling water. A small amount of apple pie as my sin of the week. The children delightful as ever, and I played a game of Supermario carts with Oskar on the Wii, and Klaudia quite huggy with Lorraine and I before we left.

Lorraine and I home to our separate abodes. I cleaned my aquarium and mooched about looking at pictures of aboriginal art, and reading of Chelsea winning 7-0 this afternoon, till Toby called this evening for a long chat. I like the sound of Costa Rican stick birds, which are simply birds that look like sticks. Toby's description of how he Romy and Dick went zipwiring down through thick mountain clouds sounded highly adventurous and rather beautiful.

Comments

a said…
Future reference - next time you're using tiny panel pins, shove the pin through a bit of paper and use that to put the pin in place. Then hammer…
Peter Kenny said…
Brilliant! I wonder how long it would have taken to work that out for ourselves like monkeys typing Shakespeare.