A draining day

Up earlyish, feeling achy and tired, and moaning about how rubbish I feel and all the work I have piled up over the next two weeks. Started work early on the atrial fibrillation website before Lorraine became tempted to punch my head.

Broke off to meet Klaudia and a dozen or so of her closest mates at the cinema. Today was the little sweetie's 7th birthday. Klaudia running up to me and jumping into my arms, and hugging Lorraine lots. Anna, Anton and Anna (O & K's Godmother) there too. Anton buying coffee which was big and clever of him. Anna with a clipboard and a roll call of us all, before we filed in to see Toy Story 3. Children variously boisterous and girlsterous and a good deal of excited leaping about before the movie started. Children all in the front row, adults sipping coffee in the row behind.

Toy Story surprisingly good. I found myself gulping back my manful tears at the end as the toys' owner Andy puts aside his childish things. Anton blubbing a few seats away of course, and Lorraine... Well it goes without saying. As other people have observed this is a bit like the end of the Pooh bear books, and a sad sense of the childhood we all lose.

Walked the children back to their house (no simple matter, and I for one was pleased Lorraine was there) before hoofing it. Home and back on the website after several displacement activities and a stir fry. Lorraine left me to it, appearing a little later with a container of sulphuric acid as one of my drains is blocked. I'm hoping it has done its evil work as I type this.

Nope. Just checked. Time to call in the drain clearance people. Arse!

Comments