Up to Edgware

Calliope squinting like Bryan Ferry this morning, due to her eye infection now affecting both eyes. After muesli Lorraine drove us off to see Mum and Mase, her car only slightly redolent of cats.

Mase was much improved after his illness, fit enough to cook us salmon and green veggies, and tell us about some of the wonderful hotels they had stayed at in Costa Rica. Mum gave me a wooden Costa Rican frog, which you run a stick over and it croaks, while Mason re-gifted me a bottle of beer called Cat Piss. Charming. Mum unimpressed that I was thinking of calling myself Peter X Kenny, persisting in the middle name she gave me, which is St. John.

Home to Brighton through the dark and spotting rain, cozy in the car listening to Lorraine's music. I like being a passenger in cars. It makes me thoughtful. In contrast Lorraine, who quite a placid character normally, uses cars to shout at people and gesture with her hands.

Home to ready myself for London and drop things in the eyes of my strangely-compliant cat.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How about a compromise:
Peter St. Kenny