Righting the wrongs

Up early gripped by the idea that I had to act immediately. Ended up speculatively submitting a something to the Guardian. At least I try. After a slow tea-sipping start with Lorraine Sam came by and we went for a long walk down by the cold and sunny sea. Sam going through a Marxist phase, and so sporting Che Guevara beret, a tee-shirt with a star on it, camouflage jacket, shades, beard etc. He carries it off. Chatting about philosophy which he is going to study. By the time we'd reached Hove I felt curiously weak and shaky and suddenly couldn't string a sentence together, was swiftly revived by a hot chocolate. Wonderful.

At teatime Lorraine and Sam left and I had a Wrong meeting with Beth and Mark. Met Callum who is playing the corpse for the first time, and later Beth and I had a meeting with her pal Amy who has offered crucial help with production lighting, props and so on.

Mark has written a bridging piece which fits very well with rest of the material. Callum, who I have never met, simply got off a train, sat down and completely unfazed began reading the parts right away. Hearing Mark and Beth read through Wrong was great. Lots of comedy in their performance, by the end of it all, I felt a surge of relief as it became apparent the material was really going to work. Wrong particularly suits the histrionic edge that Mark can bring, and he and Beth reminded me slightly of The Good Life - with Felicity Kendall and Richard Briars, except with added murder and corpses. We are also going to use a piece of my old pal Timothy Gallagher called Job Application - as the themes of the evening are being an actor and unemployment with a dangerous undercurrent of zombies and corpses. I have also called the corpse Timmy in tribute to Tim, something I know he would have enjoyed tremendously.

Then gave in to exhaustion. Called Mum and then sloped off to be in bed by ten, which is incredibly early for me.

Comments