Anchored

London again. This morning, however I didn't work on concepts on the train, and was able to listen to audiobooks instead. Work fine, and after I met Matty boy and he and I went to sit in the sun outside The Blue Anchor by Hammersmith Bridge. An old haunt. Later we were joined by Craig too, and it was really nice to have a quick beer with them both, and this was the best part about being in London this week. Both as ever are great company, and always intelligent and stimulating. I told Craig later that I thought he should be on the radio. He has such a good American accent and always tells a story so well that you would pay to listen to him.

Matty had to scoot home on his bicycle, and after another beer Craig and I wandered up to the tube station. Only when I was on the Brighton train did I realise I had left my card behind the bar in Hammersmith. I called them and they said people do this all the time. Home to watch highlights of opening World Cup games, and fall asleep on my sofa. Friday at last. It had been a tiring week.

Comments