Jesus at Clapham

Friday... Up and working on some French work for the lovely French clients. Struggling to focus today, and rather tired. Took myself to the gym this afternoon, which helped a little. Also paid the printer, and there is nothing to do now but wait for the book to be delivered.

In the late afternoon off to London. Strange scene on the train. An man of perhaps 70 boarded the train and began preaching in a grating voice about Jesus and the appaling nature of everyone else. Eventually one or two felt provoked enough to angrily debate with him. General tetchiness. One person asked him why he had to shout, and he said that his mother had been epileptic and deaf. A detail which made me rather sad for him. People were being very threatening to him, which suprised me. English manners are changing, instead of simply ingoring him, people are becoming more agressive about not being imposed on.

From there to meet Matty boy in The Brown Dog as he was having a beer or two for his birthday. Matt, Graeme and First Matie had been involved in a canoe trip down a river and were all sun reddened and extremely healthy looking. Craig was there too, and a few other pleasant friends of Matty. And puffin the dog. The Barnes backstreets deathly quiet as the England football match was on. I thanked my lucky stars I wasn't watching it as was by all accounts dismal. Anton and Lorriane texting me during the ordeal. Left at a very sensible time to return home at a decent hour. Very tired by the end of the week. Lorraine, bless her, had let herself into my house and warmed a pizza in time for my return.

Comments