Hard yards

Booked flights for my book launch today. And secured a booking for La Barbarie for a couple of days too. Yippee!

Lorraine and I worked like dogs today, cleaning my yard, emptying sharp sand, and hefting slabs about in my back garden. Calliope hugely enjoying it. Sadly, the result was horrible. The grey slabs that were salvaged from Lorraine's old yard with huge effort, looked all wrong in my garden. I have also decided the job needs a professional, this only after we had worked on it for hours. Still it was like going to the gym, as I sweated a good deal, and it has helped define what I actually want.

Lorraine suddenly needed to go for a walk by the sea. Meanwhile I chatted with Richard. He and Jane had an absolute bloody final look through my manuscript, and thanks to Jane I will not be talking about patios in the book, rather patois. Lots of helpful comments, mostly on punctuation. Both of us in a happy place about the book now.

Rather worn out this evening, we watched movies on TV. Both Lorraine and I revived by wine and fishcakes.

Comments