Off to Guernsey

Early start. French work to do still, which was only finalised in the departure lounge from my crackberry. Flight delayed for an hour due to fog on the island. I responded in time-honoured beer in airport mode.

Auringy flight pleasantly uneventful, and was met by Richard and taken right away to The Farmhouse where we sat by the pool, where R had a coffee and I gulped another cold beer as Richard updated me on the immense amounts of Guernsey progress he had made. Then home to sit in Jane's beautiful back garden among hosts of flowers, then inside to dine on pear, pea and mint soup, and pasta and salads and strawberries and wine.

An early night and went to bed full of cheer. Before I went to sleep, tried to decide what to read tomorrow at the launch. I discovered that I had made a mistake in my contents page, and fell uneasily asleep amid gloom and self-recrimination.

Comments