A welcome lull

A day to regroup. After a long chat with Mase, and Mum who was being "dogged" by Salty the kitten, went early into Brighton to finish off some Christmas shopping. Spoke to Anton, as I did so, who persistently wanted to discuss football. Bought a few last things, feeling a surge of cheeriness and relief as I finished.

The shops are already offering half price offers, and gearing up for the sales (and there will be some fabulous bargains for the shopper). There has been an underlying desperation in the shops this Christmas; the Titanic orchestra is playing festive tunes. Everything is okay for me financially at the moment but there is such a mood of general apprehension it's hard not to get drawn into it.

Home and I found that there was a smidge of work come through on the hogsite, which I did quickly - and also that I had been contacted again by Giles from the BBC website - so I sent him a few opinions about advertising.

A nap with the cat, then happily insulated at home, watching Frasiers on DVD.

A nice surprise was that Carl called. He is talking about coming down in January. Great to hear from him. His business, which co-ordinates home carer visits, is going well. His health is much improved, and generally he sounded pretty chipper.

Intermittently hearing from Lorraine, who was busy collecting her folks, and spending a small fortune in Sainsburys. Also talked to Beth.

I emailed Maria Rivans, whose work I really like. I saw her pictures about two years ago at one of Brighton's Open Houses exhibitions. Some of her collage work is wonderful. I always thought I hated collage before I saw her stuff. I have nurtured the idea that I'd ask her to do the cover for my poetry collection. I want to own one of her works next year, so I can stare at it in the candle light listening to the riots outside.

Below some abstract looking photos I took during the Burning of the Clocks, of fireworks and blurred lights.



Comments