Hogsite day

I woke with Calliope, who has decided 6:30 is the new 7, rubbing her unspeakable, cat-biscuity mouth into my face. I was really thirsty but was unable to drink my bedside glass of water as the kitten had been lapping at it all night.

Nice email from Catriona Stares from Guernsey telling me which of my poems is being used on Guernsey buses. I'm going to try to get a copy of one of the posters. Catriona is doing a great job of stirring things up in Guernsey artistically at the moment.

Off this morning to Surrey for a three hour meeting with my pharmaceutical client to discuss the hogsite with the pleasant young Jamie, my contact, plus a saxophone playing strategist called Kay. Took a taxi through the countryside from Redhill through Reigate and beyond, and it is really beautiful and full of trees. The meeting was in a massive corporate boardroom despite there only being three of us, and it went far better than I could have expected. I came away with some clear guidance, and the realisation that I was almost there with this first stage of the project. Yippee. I bumped into someone from my old agency there too, which was nice.

Back to Brighton via nippy train platforms. Once in Brighton I bought a hot Cornish pasty and ate it at home watching Calliope monkey about in the Christmas tree.

Chatted to Mex this afternoon who is going for an interview tomorrow for one of my old charity clients, and Bob called too to confirm he will be staying tomorrow. In the evening I went up the road to babysit Klaudia and Oskar (who peeped not) while Anton and Anna went out for an evening meal to celebrate Anna's birthday today.Talked to Lorraine too who is back from a short course, and was feeling tired and slightly fed up.

Playing about with my new song tonight. Annoyingly Calliope keeps jabbing her paws onto the fretboard though while I'm playing. Then looked at my Roger Dean book again. I'm really enjoying it and it is making me want to do visual stuff again.

So many things to do, so little time. But I might be able to have some Peter Kenny weeks soon, which will be fantastic. I am itching to get on with more of the Skelton Yawngrave stuff.

Comments