Reference this!

Spent the day doing referencing. Attributing, in Harvard style, every quote or source I'd used in the massive hogsite. Seven hours of this multi-window nitpickery made me feel like smashing laptop through my study window, bellowing "reference this you ****ers!" into the Twitten. Again this wouldn't have helped local reputation, so I'm pleased, in retrospect, that I didn't.

Seven hours later I warmed up a bowl of bean jar, nerves in shreds. But I had finished! Took a call mid bean jar, and found Calliope, tucking into it when I turned round. The weasel.

However, barring one or two quick tweaks this is me done for the year... So hooray for that. Have work lined up for Jan too... So all well. But waiting to be paid as I have outstanding billings well into five figures now.

Then slipped up the road to babysit. The children very sweet, Klaudia was asleep, and when I told Oksar to go to sleep too, he simply did so at once. Amazing child. Won't last though. Watched my new guilty pleasure Star Trek Voyager as Anton and Anna went to a nearby party.

Spoke to Sophie today, who was rushing from somewhere to somewhere else after drinking, which she doesn't do very often. She is going to a Buddhist retreat over the weekend. Also spoke to Lorraine who had delightedly sneaked off early for Christmas shopping like a truanting schoolchild.

Comments

Anonymous said…
An old client of mine-copywriter-threw his typewriter (remember them? Heavy..) at his art director. It missed and went through the window. He had to go home and get another one........