Cups of good cheer

Basil, one of Lorraine's cats pawing me awake in the night. Half the people I meet these days are actually cats. Or fish. Went with Beth off to the excellent tropical fish shop: Maidenhead Aquatics. Fish decisions are not to be rushed, so we spent quite a long time browsing all the gleaming and lovely fishes in the library of tanks. She bought two albino corys and a male and female guppy. Everyone hoping these poor soles will cling onto life.

In the afternoon off to two parties.

The first was at the other end of the twitten, which was a great opportunity to talk to lots of the pale denizens of the twitten. As I walked in with Lorraine, there were three young ladies singing a song about skeletons, which was a good omen. It was hosted by Louisa, who it turns out is almost my astral twin, being born two days after me in the same year. Really enjoyed talking to everyone as it was a very friendly gathering. Brighton is a good place. Lorraine enjoyed herself too, despite being an interloper from beyond the twitten. Met neighbours I didn't even know I had.

Then off to Janet and Ken's soiree, which was also great fun too and had many of the usual suspects there. Glugged quite a bit of wine, and felt rather cheery, as I had some excellent conversations over cheese platters. Not least with Ken and Janet, who are staying in Brighton over Christmas so I will be sure to sprint in to see them at some point for one or two more cups of good cheer.

Floated nicely down the hill with Lorraine, who'd chatted to loads of people all night too. After she went home, I happily watched match of the day, as Calliope blundered madly around the walls, into the branches of my Christmas tree, then bursting from there to knock over my guitar and a glass, and spend the next twenty minutes bolting in and out of her catflap with dead leaves in her mouth.

In short, all well.

Comments