Santastic

A spot of Santa action this morning at Tumble Tots in Hove. Off to Hove with Anna and my God son Oskar in the car, listening to the Shoe Babies tape. Struggled in the side room into Santa Garb (which I'm pleased to report was fairly roomy) but opted not to don the random Pirate boots.

Big ham that I am, I loved it. I found myself grinning underneath my false beard as I waved at all the kids. I think the children enjoyed it almost as much as me, though were one or two who were a deeply dubious about the red-clad Brian Blessed tribute act.

But it was a rather polished ho-ho-hoing performance even if I say so myself. I asked the toddlers if they had been good, and sat about watching them tumbling about over their equipment and their mats, from the comfort of my throne in the corner. Then handed presents out to them. Some of the children creeping forwards as if Santa were some kind of wild animal in a cage.

A big bell ringing exit, with instructions to leave mince pies out for Santa, and carrots for the reindeer... followed by a quick change. Slipped back in again, with nobody over four recognising me.

After this a quick haircut, followed by a trip to the back cracker, and shopping, taking the opportunity to sport my new hat. It is cold, and I heard on the radio that it had been a colder start to the Winter than it has been for about 30 years.

Also chasing payments - the omens suggest that the doubloons are being readied, thank goodness.

Below me with Oskar, and the lovely Tumble Tots ladies. And proof, if any were needed, that red is not my colour.













Comments