Hot dhansak

Dratted footnotes. Gah. The hogsite is putting years on me. But the end may be in sight.

Other than working had a nice evening with Mad dog who arrived at 5 and fought steadily with Calliope all night. We went off to play pool (my dismal form is maintained) and Bob thrashed me. Then had a cheeky couple of beers.

Went for a curry at the usual place, Bob sternly (and he can be stern about these things) ordered a vindaloo (already the hottest curry on the menu) and told them in an intense way to make it a very hot one. As he forked into his vindaloo, he said disappointedly that it was medium. Meanwhile I had ordered a dhansak, halfway through this I realised they'd mistakenly made the dhansak violently hot instead. It was tasty, so I persevered. Later this led to dyspepsia throughout the night, which led to the cat waking up and cavorting around my head at three in the morning, as the pit of vile acid that used to be my stomach churned.

Returned home to listen to the Chopin album Bob had bought me, while the kitten had a rematch till they'd happily exhausted one another. Meanwhile I discovered that Chopin had written the funeral march.

Below Calliope just about to fall asleep after a long session of impromptu typing, manuscript biting, wire worrying and so on.

Comments