Strange meeting

Difficult to progress my own projects this week. And I find today that I may have to speak to the local radio as a spokesman on sustainability for On Track early next week. This may or may not happen, of course, but I'll have to dust off some bon mots just in case. Also interesting chats with Simon today, who I met recently through Mike, the cat with the hat. A nice guy. I'm making lots of Brighton connections these days, and I'm putting down deeper roots in this city.

Late afternoon walk for a couple of hours today, talking to Mum on my mobile and plunging my arm in seagull guano. Walked down to where the white cliffs start the other side of Brighton Marina, got involved in the chalky rockpools. Sitting quietly I saw what appeared to be a strange meeting between a crab, three shrimps, and a blenny. Also noticed how the big nodules of flint are wearing out of the chalk. It was only when I went to the Booth museum that I learned where flint comes from.

Walking back through Brighton encountered a rooftop gig. Then home, and played guitar for some time before going out with Lorraine for a cheerful Friday night curry and a couple of cheeky beers in The Cricketers pub which was crammed with folks in their 40s and 50s behaving like 20 year olds.

Below starfish on fishermen's boats. Head to head: a crab and a shrimp (click on it for a closeup). Flints appearing from eroding chalk and an unknown - to me - rooftop band.










Comments