The cat with the hat

Up late. Beautiful day, and I had breakfast with Lorraine and then we did a spot of shopping. Brighton now in festival mode and even more full of life than usual.
Lorraine suggested I buy Bibles for Tomorrow's christening of Klaudia and Oskar - and this seemed a very good idea. Especially when I found a nice pink one for Klaudia and a nice green one for Oskar. I have more Buddhist leanings than anything, but I do read bits from the Bible quite regularly, and need to refer to it in my work and reading so - at the very least - I think a Bible will always be useful.

This done we popped into Sejuice for some refreshing fruit cocktails and Lorraine and I wandered about enjoying the stilt wearing musicians and novelty burlesque acts, before going our separate ways. I went home and finished off a vast initiative to make the place spick and span for Anna's parents to stay and then went out into Brighton in search of my new pal Mike, who was in town again. He was busy buying hats when I found him, with another friend called Bruce whom he met while doing some undercover research for a story about Supermarkets. After eating bagels, Bruce left and Mike and I went back to the hat shop to retrieve the hat he was sporting originally before he'd bought two new ones. Then we wandered about, with him being much taken by Brighton and wondering past, say the Udderbelly, getting increasingly excitable and full of plans. Eventually we stopped to cool down in the St James pub.

Then leaving Mike at the station, after we stopped mournfully outside the hat shop on Trafalgar street, which Mike had completely missed on his expedition.

I then zoomed up the hill to have an evening with Anna and Anton, Anna's brothers Mark and Luke and their respective partners Dee and Paul. A jolly good evening, and we demolished three roast chickens between us. Anna's mum had been ill so it turns out they weren't staying with me. But at least I have a mighty clean house now.

Below some general Brighton monkey business and a picture of the udderbelly from their website.


Comments