Spam face

Large coffee then writing. This time a magazine piece about the connection between railways, Brighton and its festival. Sustainability - being green - is my new thang. And I got a joke in it too.

After sending off the article, I felt rather restless - as well as jaded after what had been rather an unexpectedly lively Monday evening. Crept off at lunchtime to buy a medium Cornish pastie from a new pastie place around the corner from me. Felt somewhat better after eating this.

Later went out for a spot of shopping, wandering about vaguely. Bought myself some dunlop sneakers, which were rather nice in a retro way.

In the afternoon talking to Mum who, after discussions today with her oncologists, may now choose to have chemotherapy.

Had a blameless night in, sipping mineral waters and watching a little TV about what people ate in the war. Cue presenter saying with disgust "spam!" and making ghastly face eating it. Made me wonder what planet they were from that they'd never tasted spam before. In my schooldays, after biffing off various pterodactyls archeopteryx etc. on the way to school, we were quite pleased to eat spam fritters and chips. The thing to do was to cut features in the spam circles as you ate them, cutting out eyes and mouth and nose. Cor. I fancy a spam fritter right now.

Comments