Snails and spreadsheets

Drenched this morning, caught in a downpour with an umbrella the size of a dinner plate. Bah. However a very good day getting on top of my business stuff. Found all the figures for rates, utilities and other payments which can be claimed back and emailed them to my glamorous accountant - finding them put years on me. Also making spreadsheets. There is something sexy about spreadsheets. The fact that you can put stuff in rows and columns and so on. Organised, that's what it is.

Also did a cheeky bit of writing work for my French client and the prospect of more on the horizon. So all in all a good and productive day which makes me feel on top of things. I also mistakenly made a layer pie, which I ate the majority of.

Once it had stopped raining, and I had done all my work, I poked about in the snail sanctuary that is my back yard, and tidied and put clippings into bin liners. Picked up one particularly large snail and threw it into the Twitten in disgust.

Noticed how my arum lilies are continually admired. A party of about 15 people on a guided tour stopped outside my house and photographed them today. My blinking lilies are more famous than I am.

Spent some of the evening reading Alison MacLeod's book The Wave Theory of Angels - not been able to focus on reading much lately. But now that I can I find this to be an impressive and strange tale. My reading was interrupted though by a little tapping on my door, looking down I saw a peeved snail, "what did you do that for?" it said.

Comments