Back to the Royal Free

Beautiful day, but running around this morning to try to get everything done, then back up to London to visit mum. When I arrived, she told me that she had a psychotic incident in the night and had ripped out the drip and oxygen tubes as she believed that they were all about to be killed. Fortunately now they have changed her anaesthetic and she is no longer having the trippy symptoms she was getting. Not before time.

Otherwise she is now heartily sick of the place, and the constant beeping and noise which keeps her awake. They told her she might be able to go home this coming weekend, which would be fantastic. Also on the plus side, she is able to walk a bit now.

Read her a letter that her pal Jana had sent her which made her smile, which was good.

Spoke on my phone to my old pal Carl who turned 50 today. The idea that Carl is 50 is appalling.
Mas and I then drove back to Stanmore, for a meal and a cold beer in a local pub. Had a nice time with him chatting about David my grandfather, and Mas telling me a story about having coffee with a young Arnold Schwarzenegger who'd come straight from Gold's Gym - apparently so covered in slippery baby oil that he was unable to open a sachet of creamer.

Comments