Blowing a gasket

A different kind of boring today. To be precise, a workman drilling and grinding into my wall at a completely unreasonable 6:25am. Stormed out in my dressing gown, which flapped nastily, to roar at him. On returning to my house he began drilling again. Moved quickly into furious mode, and, returning, left him in no doubt that he was in personal danger. Things quietened down, and at least it was an early start to the day. Onto the packed train and sat opposite a man who coughed on me all the way to Victoria, had fantasies of stoppering his mouth with a 15thC mace, or a fetishist's rubber bung, or a cactus, or a live ferret etc.

Walking through the graveyard I decided to reboot the day. And did so successfully.

An enjoyable day in the agency, and working hard. Surprisingly they asked to film me talking about a charity for a mood video - a long shot of me and Ed talking over concepts today, and an interview tomorrow. Managed too, to have a chat with the right person in the agency to allow payment to flow unhindered into the Kenny coffers. Spoke to Mike briefly at On Track.

Cheerfully home, but quickly discovered my boiler has died. Always fascinated how something can work fine in the morning. Then nothing happens, and after nothing happening it no longer works. Machines and Peter Kennys have been warring this week. After a futile attempt at boiler fixing, I went to the Eddy instead, which was a much better idea than swearing at inert pieces of metal swinery. While I waited I read my copy of Written Magazine which arrived from Guernsey with a short essay and a poem in it by me. Then Lorraine arrived, and after a brief moanathon to her, I got busy with a couple of beers and a relaxed and cheery hour or so. I am so lightweight these days that the beer went straight to my head.

Forgot to mention a note from Australia from Nev, my mucker and former art director. Regrettably Nev is a long term Liverpool fan and wrote to share some controversial opinions about their chances against Chelsea in the semi final of the European cup.

Comments

Mecca Ibrahim said…
It's not possible to speak to Mike "briefly" ;-)