The getaway

Tired by the end of the week, but feeling quite pleased with myself. One more week to go at my old agency. Picked up a copy of On Track, the freebie railway mag that had published some of my articles, and felt quite cheery looking at these. Spooner had tipped me off the day before, when I was out with Bob, by texting me a message that said "Your name is all over some ghastly promotional tat on my train. Are you a journo whore now? x". More about that on my daywork blog.

Also had a really nice chat with one of my old bosses, who mentioned a job I might go after. Really nice to be thought of that way. Today, there was lots of work to be done, and I slogged all day - to ensure an early getaway.

Back to Brighton, packed in 10 minutes and then was picked up by Lorraine to drive up to stay with her pals who live in a converted pub in a small village near Evesham in Worcestershire, quite near the Cotswolds. Arrived at 11:30 and were fed with stew, and given a large glass of wine by Lorraine's pals Sue and John. And I did a good impression of a narcoleptic before bed.

Comments