Langoustine with Lorraine

A quiet day. Working better on the Skelly stuff today. Had some good ideas, and made some decent progress.

Have been sticking to diet very well, but tonight I made an exception and took Lorraine off to Riddle & Finns to celebrate her birthday. It being an Oyster and Champagne restaurant it was rude not to have oysters and champagne.

I’m not actually a big fan of oysters. I am troubled with the idea that they are still alive, but I tried two of them. One was served with Japanese stylings – a touch of ginger, spring onion, soya sauce, and wasabi, and the other nicely seasoned with little bacon grits and pickled cucumber. Lorraine, who grew up big and strong by eating seafood, sucked down four of them with only a squeeze of lemon. I don't think they taste of much really. But Lorraine said they were really good. The champagne helps take the edge off the horror of sliding the oysters down.

For my main course I had a fish pie, while Lorraine had a biology lesson. A plateful of the mournful faces of a langoustine, and a crayfish – as well as razor shells too and other denizens of the intertidal zones. Nice fruity afters too.

Below discovered the kaleidoscope function on my photography software. Some kaleidoscoped shots of I took of decorations during Chinese new year.



Comments