What is this toad work?

Big presentation to a major client this morning, despite a few hours sleep. A Curate's egg: good in parts. Except for the part that was the result of the last two week's of the Gnome's work. We'd been misbriefed and so we looked quite foolish for a bit - but the digital work I'd been doing went down very well so this helped. I went straight from that to a teleconference with a tetchy client who needed appeasing. Worked through lunch and, shortly after, the silence about my part time work was resolved. They've asked me to postpone it till September to cover for one of the creative directors. Because they are being so nice about letting me work part time in the first place, I readily agreed.

And I will have to abate this gnawing sense of urgency. I suppose two months isn't too bad, but it is going to be stressful and very hard work. But it is also very nice to feel needed.

Trace off today. She was crying a bit. Someone gave her a book of 1,000 places to see before you die - she opened it at random, and it fell open on a place in Hawaii. Much agreement that this was indeed a good omen. At the end of the day, we walked out of the agency together and I kissed her goodbye by Hammersmith station. Her off to Hawaii and me off to Brighton and, thank God, the weekend.

Comments