The Color Purple

In the morning out to breakfast with Anna, Anton, Brian and the bairns for breakfast. We drove off to somewhere called Carats near Shoreham, not far from where loads of celebs live, mystifyingly, behind an industrial estate. The seaside cafe bursting to the seams with folks eating breakfast, so we drove in a two car convoy back to the local park instead. Anna and I contemplating the massive carbon footprint involved in simply scoring some breakfast.

Walking in the afternoon by the sea. Had lunch in the Sanctuary Cafe and then a clear day, sitting down by the sea on a bench in the sun.

In the evening I locked myself into a a darkened room with my DVD of The Color Purple. I don't know what it is about that film, but it makes me sob like a huge girl every time I see it. The ghastly scene when the two sisters are physically torn apart is unendurable. I love the opening sequence with the purple flowers in the fields too. And Whoopi Goldberg was fab in it. But the crying is exhausting.

Comments

Kate said…
The Colour Purple is one of my all time favourites, and has exactly the same effect on me, especially when the sisters find each other again at the end. Blub-central, I tell you.
Anonymous said…
Hey man, who let you lot into the Carats cafe secret? Soon nothing will be sacred for the Brighton Volk.

Let's hope no-one lets on about the walk you can do over the harbour lochs just on from there.

RT
Peter Kenny said…
Yes that harboury part is cool I like it a lot... Face it RT I am one of you now heh..heh..