A single marigold

In the night, one of a noisy group of drunken youths in the Twitten appeared, judging by the sudden shouting, to have taken issue with one of my plants. This resulted in him kicking my front door. I was almost asleep but I got up, found my hammer, and went to investigate: nothing, and no harm done. But maddening though. I phoned the police though and felt a bit sheepish halfway through, no there wasn't any damage, no I didn't see them because I was in bed, etc. etc.

Woke up fairly late, and Anton and Oskar called around, Oskar happily punching the keys of my CD player. Anton showed me the map-making site he'd found which will shortly be unleashed on the True and Wonderfull site. Spoke to Sprinkles, and then Mum. Then a massive bout of soundfile work. Put in hours, and made very little progress.

In the evening my pal from work Alice and her husband Mike and their baby Mia came down to Brighton. We went for a fish meal in an Italian restaurant where I had a nice lemon sole. Wonderful people to go eating with, given that Mike had his own excellent Italian restaurant, and Al's parents also in the restaurant business. Mia adorable and utterly fearless, happy to walk off and not look back. Not had a proper catch up with Al for ages, and it was good fun to see them all in Brighton.

Ended the night disreputably in the Eddie. Anton and I had sloped in there for a late drink. The three barmaids were all dancing behind the bar, the DJ had put on my own personal Brighton theme tune Hurry On Now, by Alice Russell, and me and Anton were having a beer. As we remarked on the perfection of this moment one of the staff put a single marigold on the table between us, and smiled kindly. Very romantic place is Brighton.

Comments