Getting my fingers back

Woke up in Matty's place on Strand on the Green, had an enjoyable half an hour before he got up having made myself a cup of tea, playing his guitar. I have had my worst ever bout of rheumatism in my hands in the last week, but this now much better and I have my playing fingers back.

Funny to be walking off with Matt to Gunnersbury station, which was my local tube for many years. Amazing to be in Hammersmith and ready for work in a few minutes, compared to the hideous slog from Brighton. I stopped at Marks and Spencers to buy some fresh underpants, socks, and a shirt and changed into these at the office. Work demanding again today, but managed to slip off for my third swim of the week at lunchtime.

Worked late, then found myself, unaccountably, taking advantage of the agency's monthly free bar and doing lots of worky gossip and networking. Anton and Anna have lent me a new Frasier DVD and watched a couple of episodes before bed. He's my hero.

Replied to an email Trace sent me from Hawaii. She has arrived safely and having a wonderful time, despite dodging monstrous millipedes that can sting like bees.

Below the view from Matty's back garden towards Oliver's Island in the Thames.

Comments