Seeking tranquility

Have a new policy: maximum tranquility. I took my laptop on the train this morning with the express purpose of editing soundfiles. I maintained maximum tranquility when I realised I had left my earphones at home, and worked instead at fiddling with my poems.

Work was not too bad. Received an apology for the lamentable briefing fiasco of last week, but now have to fix everything. It is tiresome. There is an absolute Tsunami of work surging towards me, and I can only look on and reach for the waterwings.

Meanwhile, the Gnome in late having ferrying his son (now 21) to the dentist after he had his tooth knocked out randomly by some yobs in the street.

The new policy dictated that I had a swim this lunchtime. Very relaxing, despite being called by work I was towelling myself off afterwards and applying liberal unguents. The Oink factor is still outranking the Itch factor when it comes to swimming: so the swimming must continue. Also badly need a week of purity, and drinking sparkling mineral water and cups of tea.

More thunder this afternoon. Tipped off again by First Matie, my own personal weather station.
Left work promptly figuring I could work on the train. Maintained maximum tranquility when the train broke down on the way home after the carriage filled with the distinct smell of burning rubber.

I am going to incorporate meditation into this week too. Tranquility is priority #1.




Comments