Lakshmi in London

Hobbled from work off to a new and excellent back-cracker, who had me able to perform owl-like head swivels within half an hour. Took the opportunity to quiz her on skeletons while she was at her cracking and stretching work.

After work off into the west end. London looking briefly sunny and fine in the sun, the buses extra red and the sky extra blue. Opposite Charing Cross station I bumped into my old pal Desi B who I'd not seen for about four years. We chatted on the street for about 20 minutes and it was very good to see her. By a strange quirk of fate she is working with Mex my ex-wife. She made me laugh when she explained with some vehemence that the marjority of single men over 30 are gay, whether they knew it or not.

Then to the Salisbury where I met Lakshmi who, over a vodka and orange, discussed the rubbishness of the Pusscat Dolls and Posh Spice and corrected me on an urbane matter of PG Wodehouse scholarship. We then went to strap on the nosebag at a nearby Italian restaurant, where she was very entertaining about her recent trip to Russia. And good to see her as every.

Then back to sunny Brighton. Itching to make a new skelly monologue. Maybe tomorrow.

Comments