Seem to be waking up at 6am these days which is profoundly noxious but does enable me to get to work early. Unusually there was a baby in the carriage this morning. As we approached East Croydon it screeched and filled the carriage with poo smells. Indulgent smiles abounded.

And talking of babies... Anton called today to say that Junior now has a name: Oskar Andrei (this latter name in memory of Anton's dad -- hope I spelled it correctly).

Emotionally drained by work today. Will have to go to work on Sunday, but by the end of the day we were in reasonable shape. The Gnome off to Brussels on the Eurostar this afternoon to watch his son play rugby.

I stopped working at 5pm and returned to the creative department. Someone had improvised a table tennis table so took on all comers for a bit. They all beat me. Then went to find Marilyn whose last day it was (again).

Discovered her in a pub sobbing her heart out. Max the Mentor was there too and she had been set off by Marilyn and for a minute they were both sobbing on me. Only glad I had the manly self control not to be sobbing too.

Urgently need to do stuff now that has nothing what so ever to do with work.

Comments