Off to Slough. Felt a wave of ennui and horror in the car firm's car park. I was appalled by cars. Somehow this was made worse by the soullessness of them all being the same brand too.

Rallied enough (see what I did there) to present tissues to client and in the moment was passionate about cars. Client poker faced and with a nasty tie.

When not working I busied myself losing things. My mobile phone, my wallet (left in the cab returning from pokerfaced car people), and my watch at the swimming pool. Miraculously all were eventually found and returned.

After work I had a cheeky swim, and went to eat Chinese food and chat with Sarah in Kew. Being in Kew made me feel a bit odd as I'd not returned there for some time.

Checked weight this morning. Despite walking miles every weekend and swimming most days weight entirely unaffected. Discussing this with Sarah. Perhaps weight is about protection and if you can find another way of feeling safe the body will adjust naturally to be stringy and whippet-like.

Comments