A day of two halves. A tetchfest at work. Got up early to get to get there, but was delayed on the tube. Stupidly forgot my work fob so that I had to stand buffoonishly outside doors waiting for people to let me in, then found I was locked out of the computer system for not doing my timesheets. Then some utterly galling work things put me in a pretty foul mood. I have to be careful though. I have a reservoir of anger after the MJ business which I am trying not to dump on other people. Had another swim, however, which is helping me keep a lid on it.

Spoke to Carl again during my lunchbreak. He sounded okay, if a little shaken up. I tried to stress the importance of prioritising things so that he takes care of himself, and he was laughing at me for wanting to nag him.

After work I met Sarah who is a regular reader of this blog. Strange to meet someone who knows several details of your life, while you know next to nothing about them. She told me fairly early in very enjoyable conversation that she is a synesthete, so that various senses are elided and attached to one another -- so for example words have colours. A former policewoman, she has travelled widely and has been studying Ethnography and Creative Writing recently. I really enjoyed meeting her.

Long cold schlep back to Brighton.

Comments