The combination of swaggering at work yesterday, and Marilyn's leaving drinks left me urgently needing to pull my finger out. Caught the early train and, once at work, disappeared with the Gnome into the Junk Mines. Bigness and cleverness seems to have continued today, however, and I have been asked to do another presentation next week.

Did manage to break away for a bit in the afternoon to zoom off to Chiswick and see Nicki and get my hair cut, which had tipped into buffoonery sometime last Sunday.

Nicki was looking quite tired and is heavily pregnant. Usual 20 mins of gossip. She is leaving in May -- one more haircut, she said when I left. Left me wondering what it would be like to measure your life in haircut intervals. After 13 years or more, not having my hair cut by her is unthinkable. I have demanded she move to Brighton but she ignores this.

Back to work and more meetings till quite late. Spoke to Max the Mentor after work in the bar, and a few others before pushing off. I am amazed how supported I have been at work -- right from how they haggled for me to get over to Baltimore before Xmas so I could be there for MJ and the family, to being there for me now that MJ and me are finished.

A long week, and pleased to be home tonight.

Comments

badgerdaddy said…
You obviously have a good support network in plce - big up to it!