Snow today in Long Island. Lucky to have got here yesterday. Kate off school with a slight fever and a rash, both of which cleared up. MJ had a job interview today, so I kept an eye on Kate and while she played computer games I started a poem till she got bored. Then we progressed to doing drawings together till a snowy MJ returned.

When Jack returned we had an enjoyable snowball fight in the yard. Northport makes me think of the Peanuts cartoons. In snow,the neighbourhood was a white Charlie Brown scene. It made me remember the conversation I had with Weezer in the morning about her new beagle.

Anton sent a text saying he was going to be in NY too next week. Reuben in Manhattan too -- somewhere.

The children off to their father's in the evening and MJ and me slithered through the slush and snow to the local Chinese takeaway. I also bought a bottle of wine wrapped in an anonymous brown paper bag from the liquor store. When it is with the right person, there is nothing better than being indoors, with the snowy cold outside, sipping a glass of wine and having a Chinese feast in front of the TV.

The view from MJ's front door.

Comments