Quiet day. After the children off to school, MJ and I worked quietly for a few hours. Me struggling with a poem which so far seems a hair away from completion, but refuses to be finished. I think the problem is that I know exactly what I want to do with it, and so am now not surprising myself enough. Meanwhile, MJ busily researching an article and taking calls about jobs.

Gnawing hunger drove us off finally to a local cafe where we had a surprisingly chili-free Mexican bite. Then got some rather fresh air down by Northport's pretty harbour. Found that we were doing some window shopping quite soon. The town down by the harbour really pretty and pleasant.

Off to the school to collect Jack and Kate. Something universal about the way schoolchildren run about getting out of school that takes me back to my junior school in Neasden in North London. I love the way children are creatures of the moment they are in, and how every afternoon they are incredibly happy to see MJ.

Four of us sat in a row on the sofa watching American Idol in the evening.

Comments