MJ and me sleeping on an inflatable bed. Had to spring up in a rage in the middle of the night to reinflate it and don more clothes as it was freezing.

Decided to take the kids to the sea to run some energy out of them. Went to Crab Meadow, windy, with snow on the beach and the sea whitecapped and steel coloured despite the blue sky. Commenced capering with the kids, and after about three seconds, and mid-caper, painfully pulled a muscle in my calf. Hobbled back to the car and after a while went to the nearby restaurant MJ and me had eaten last year. A glass of wine, plates of squid and salad went a long way to cheering me up. Ruined any pretentions to health with a slice of cake afterwards. Kate embarked on a piece of chocolate cake that was literally half the size of her head.

Later in the afternoon we went to see Nanny McPhee. I think MJ and me liked it as much or more than the kids. Cast almost entirely English with Derek Jacobi in a bit part. Nicely art directed too.

Home, and some general lurking before jetlag caught up with me and I slunk off to bed early under a warm new duvet. Below Kate (cleverly snapped with her eyes closed) and my shadow in the yard.

Comments