Things today... The new time for the court date is now at the end of April, and this time the Judge has requested I be questioned too. This seems fairly logical to me.

Saw a photo this morning of a Robot fish in the London Metro. Found film of it here on the web swimming in a pool in Hiroshima. My (slightly sucky) SF story Coelacanth written a few years ago featured a Kiobot, also invented in Japan. I can see into the future...

Otherwise work fine. The Gnome sniffing next to me all day with a cold. At lunch I went to the Thai restaurant with Al and her husband Mike and Hazel for a quick and tasty lunch. Mike is a nice guy and a restaurateur by trade. Their baby is going to have wonderful food to eat... Al's Chinese food, and Mike's Italian. They are going to move to Australia, a choice dictated partially by the fact there are large Italian and Chinese communities there. Oh... And the sun and the sea.

Home, dozing on the train and reading the Tipping Point, which is fun.

Spoke to MJ tonight, and the first day at work was somewhat chaotic, with loads of staff being off work, and she came back smelling of urine and having had her eye poked. I miss her very much.

Watched a documentary tonight called The Falling Man about the famous photograph of an unknown man falling from one of the Twin Towers. Very upsetting but it was absolutely riveting too. The Channel 4 blurb for it... "The Falling Man is the story of the 'jumpers' of 9/11. It follows the trail of the photographer who nearly lost his life shooting the image; of the citizens who decried it, arguing that it was sensational and exploitative; of the editors who published it and then reluctantly banned it; and the journalist who finally uncovered the falling man's identity."

Talked to MJ about it a little, and it made her upset again over losing her friend Joyce on that day. It still seems strange to me to think that MJ and I were emailing one another on that day -- before anything happened, and then after. As I sat with Craig watching the events unfold at work, I kept thinking of her because she was the only person I knew in New York.

The way the poor man's leg was bent reminded me of the hanged man tarot card -- which for me added to its stunning and horrible force as an image.

Comments