Very lucky

This morning writing responses to poets who said they were prepared to read my MS. Extremely flattered, and surprised with the warmth my requests were receive. I feel very lucky and touched. 

Seemingly lots to do this morning, and early afternoon I went out for a walk, as I have got out of the habit during the endless hot weather. Am listening to Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy as I mooched along by the sea. Never read one of Le Carré's books before. Interesting mix of grubbiness and paranoia, along with the international espionage. It all feels very cramped and sweaty.

Home feeling clammy and sweaty too, as it is very humid.  Beth dropped in with Enzo, who today crawled, with Lorraine's help, all the way up the stairs.

Anton off for another procedure today, and meets his valve surgeon on Friday. 

Then cooked and early dinner, so Lorraine could make off to her pottery class. I then spoke to Mum, went for another short walk, tidied up, and listened to Jazz and played about with my Zine for a little, and did some other writing, till Lorraine returned, a little disappointed with her session.

Below I saw a wriggling thing on the garden path as I went to get some tomatoes from the glasshouse, which on closer inspection appeared to be a tiny slow worm. I didn't have my glasses with me so took this poor photo to see it better. I tried to help it get across the path, but it seemed so distressed when I did so that I left it to its own devices. It was only about three inches long.


 

  



Comments