Time for a new craze
Friday. Lorraine off to take Pat to Eastbourne, and also do a spot of pottery with her tutor. I made off this morning to meet Yvonne at The Grumpy Chef for coffee. She explained, rather emphatically, that she's not cut out to be a nurse. Poor Brian has been in lots of pain ever since his operation. Nevertheless Yvonne in good form, and we had a laugh over a coffee. She had to hurry back, and I pushed off to the shop a couple of doors away to discuss wheelchairs, pick up my prescription and go to Morrisons and so on. Back home I did a spot of writing, spoke to Mum and had a long chat with Anton some of it about his latest craze: horology. I'm pleased he has time for a new craze. Watch it! etc.
My latest craze is a band called Stereolab, who were active in the 90s that I knew very little about at the time. They have a compilation album called Serene Velocity, which is rather marvellous.
At tea time Lorraine and I made off to Debbie's house for the private view of her Art Wave show. A glass of bubbly and looked at various art pieces, in Debbie's fab house. Adele and Patrick, Andy and Helen, Steve, and Mandy were there and we all repaired to the Boot afterwards, for a few beers and pub grub. Andy told me that he had climbed three mountains in 24 hours. He is a bit of a man of action.
Gratefully home, and an earlyish night. All well.

Comments