Up to the Waggon and Horses

Toby and I up with the lark after our lively night, but the fun didn't abate. To Seaford Station and off to Elstree today, to see Mum and Mason in The Waggon and Horses. We arrived slightly before them, and I thanked Waleed, the chef who calls them Mummy and Daddy for the way they take care of Mum and Mas who are rather famous in the pub, and a few people wandered over to say hello while we were there. Mason had been given a rousing Happy Birthday sung to him at the weekend. Mum cheerful to see Toby. I ordered carefully from the menu, with falafel and salad and a bit of squid, and had my best ever meal there. Toby ordered fish and chips and was given giant portions. Mas tucking into a Caesar salad and hot and spicy chicken wings. He also insisted we try the cheesecake that he was given there with a firework candle on his birthday. I had a glass of wine, and coffee. 

Spent a couple of hours there, before Toby and I mooched back to Elstree station, wheeling Toby's wheeled case. Hopped on a train and Toby got off at St Pancras, and mooched off to the Standard Hotel opposite the station, where Romy would arrive tomorrow.

I rattled back to Seaford. Pleased to be home and chill on the sofa looking at Lorraine's swishy hair just cut by Paul. 

Below Toby with Mum pulling an appalling face and then a normal face.







Comments