Shelfish

Ahhh. A day at home. That doesn't mean nothing was done, however. We undertook a major project... Putting up three shelves, each a quarter of circle in the corner of the kitchen. A job achieved with a steady magnificence. It all worked and the spirit level congratulated us. Next, and we've not cracked this yet, came the difficult business of trying to decide what to place on them.  

Not moved to do much. Lorraine and I watered the tomatoes and so on. Otherwise rain hosed down from the sky making any kind of foray unappealing. My joints, particularly an elbow has been quite painful recently, and I think I am a bit run down. Luckily there are no great demands on me at the moment so I sipped tea and coffee, and enjoyed my indolence while I could. Felt sorry for the folks in Brighton celebrating Pride.

In the evening we watched the first Star Trek movie, which was several parsecs from good, but still enjoyable. And a bit of women's football from the world cup. Quite enjoyed this. Read another Alasdair Grey story. His writing is distinct, funny and original.  



Comments