Beachy Head and BBQ

Off this morning to Beachy Head. Beautiful drive, only about twenty minutes east of Seaford, and a lovely place to visit. While it made me  feel a bit exposed: my open spaces with no cover uneasiness, I still loved it there. Toby and Lorraine ambled about by the edge, and I found another route to explore nearby, snapping various views, passing the Beachy Head pub where Robin and I had recorded the last episode of Season 2 on flying ant day last summer.  Couldn't have been a better day for it.

Then down the z-bends following the coast then back to Seaford. Installed Toby for a quick coffee and Lorraine and I did some shopping in Morrisons. Home and preparation for the barbecue. Innis and Rosie, came around, and somewhat later Beth and James. Toby and Innis had lots of book chat going.Toby liked James, who he'd never met before. James and Beth are making a list of must watch films, and Innis and Toby were keen to add to that. Toby suggested The Terminator among others. A fair amount of dog and cat politics going on as Pippi was there and wanting to play. The cats aloof and hissy. 

I had a bit of a nightmare with the barbecue, although to my mind I did everything exactly the same as before the barbecue seemed to die down quickly and not give much heat. Once all the food was finally cooked, the Weber enjoyed full temperature for some time after. A mystery. 

A merry evening had by all. 

Below Toby and Lorraine on Beachy Head, and a view west along the coast, and another Eastwards to Eastbourne.








 




Comments