Green sea and old haunts

Lorraine off to Chichester this morning to see her pals Carolyn and Leslie. I gathered myself slowly, then went off to Brighton to get a hair cut. I arrived a couple of hours early, as Anton wasn't free, I had an enjoyable time mooching about Brighton in the sun, and also sitting in the ideologically unsound Starbucks, where I read a poetry pamphlet by Ian McMillan and more of the Essays of Idleness by the Japanese monk Kenko. Enjoyed revisiting old haunts. Then a saunter to the seafront which was full of colour and busyness, the sea a bright blue green, and also looked at the fire-ruined Albion Hotel. Seeing an open door in the ruin, made me think that during the Blitz this sort of thing must have been an everyday sight.

Lorraine on her way back from Chichester came down to find me in the Barbers, Stacy hard at work who was giving me his usual excellently perfectionist haircut. Toby called me when I was in the chair, and said he'd be down south on Monday. Back with Lorraine on the train to Seaford. 

In the evening off to dinner with Brian and Yvonne. Brian making a delicious paella with minimum faff in the back garden. Sat outside under a pine tree, with the dog Marley scampering about and enjoyed a cheery evening.

Walked home under the stars, which you can see quite well on the streets of Seaford. The town very quiet even on a Saturday night. 









Comments