Beautiful book

Up alone, apart from the cats, and downstairs to have my healthy breakfast. A peaceful day, but I am finding it hard to shake off a persistent gloom. Worked on the thorny poetry MS. A distant roar and I glimpsed for a second a formation of five planes, probably spitfires and hurricanes, over the sea. Took my camera out for a walk in the afternoon, but saw no further planes, and the light washed everything out.

I finished  The White Book by Han Kang, fluently translated by Deborah Smith. It is fiction, and I cannot remember reading a more beautiful book. Utterly brilliant. I took it from Janet's shelf after she died. I think it was in her to read pile. I ordered the two other books Han Kang has written that are easily available. Can't remember the last time I was struck so much by something I have read.

 In the evening off to the gym and did another half an hour's trundling. Still falling short of where I was a month or so again, but gradually getting there. I am at least doing half an hour on the cross trainer again, albeit at number 9 and not 15.  Lorraine entering in Seaford as I left, diverted to pick me up at the pond and drive me back to the gym to collect my recharging earphones holder.

Home with Lorraine which always makes me feel good.



Comments