Sunflowers

Spoke to Mum this evening, who was just back from Watford hospital, Mason having difficulty walking as they were going into The Waggon and Horses. I planning to go up there tomorrow anyway, but Lorraine said she would drive me and collect Mas from the hospital and so on. However, the hospital got a taxi for him and discharged him in the evening.  

Up not too early. A breakfast, and as we readied ourselves to go out, Lorraine discovered that the concrete dryad type statue, had been knocked over and broken by the kid I saw running off yesterday who was using it to scoot over the fence into next door's garden. We went around to see that Joy and Jim were all well, and this helped Joy solve the mystery of a a cigarette and a drinks can she had found in her garden. Nothing appears to have been stolen. Joy and Jim very friendly.

A low flying Spitfire flew over the top of the street as we left Joy's house. Magnificent to see it so close.

Then into the car to collect Delores, who fancied a lift and we drove up to the Barn on Seaford Head, where Lorraine and I payed Palo the seven pounds I owed her for one of her prints, and chatted to her and Adele, and Andrea who had organised the publicity and so on for the art show. I like Palo's work lots. 

Eventually Lorraine and I made off, and walked to the nearby field of sunflowers to take a few windblown snaps. A friendly former wedding stopped and took a snap of us together on Lorraine's phone. We had disorganised faces on it though. 

Then to the gym. I continued my gradual fightback on the cross trainer. After what I think was the bug I am still a long way off the fitness I had a few weeks ago. But I definitely felt better in there today. Lorraine doing well too and both pleased with ourselves for going.

To Morrisons to buy food. My Zoe app had told me that I'd not eaten enough protein in the last week, so after shopping we ate mackerel fillets and a concoction of leaves and niceness, that felt really good to eat, given that it was almost four by the time we got home. 

Beth and James popped in for a coffee this afternoon, having had lunch in the Ram at Firle and then were going off to see the Barbie film together -- this to celebrate the anniversary of when they met.

I cooked and then we had a quiet night in -- and then Mum told me about Mas and so on. 


  



 

  


Comments