A lot to think about

So up. England Ladies playing Nigeria today in the World Cup. Penny had been texting Lorraine about it before she'd even got up this morning. I saw a little bit before sloping off to my desk, and came back down for the penalty shoot out, which England won. People saying Nigeria were the better team however. 

Then had a cheeky AGM with Robin. She even sent an agenda. Useful and fun to chat about future guests and so on for an hour and a half. I have a lot to read.

After this, I received my Zoe results. The tests proved told me that I am not good at dealing with sugars or fats. Luckily Zoe gives you a plan, and tells you what's good for you and what's less good -- and about balancing the bad with good.  Rice and bread are not good. Wholemeal pasta is much better. Unsuprisingly most veggies and fruits are good, as well as Fish and chicken, which is what I mainly eat, are fine, but not as good as nuts, lentils, beans, olives and so on.  It's a lot to get my head around, and the fact that I respond badly to both blood sugar and blood fat is not good news, and requires a bit of a rethink. I apparently do have a decent colony of gut bacteria however, which is good.

Off to The Barn on Seaford Head to look at the art exhibition, and chat to Adele who was exhibiting some lovely stuff, and pick up a picture from Palo. Embarrassingly I gave her an envelope with cash in. Later she contacted me to say I had underpaid her. Embarrassing, and all my fault. Lorraine and I had a little walk around the barn, looking out on the Seven Sisters. All rather lovely. Back via Morrisons -- where we had lengthy conversations with the woman on the till about the melons growing in her glasshouse.   

Lorraine and I continued our evening binge-watch of Star Trek movies. Tonight it was The Search for Spock, which was a bit meh.

The forerunner... The first of our tomatoes that is almost ripe. 




Comments